1. Contestant must read and agree to the terms of these official rules.
2. Competition is open to solo artists (hereafter referred to as Contestant). If Contestant is a singer only, accompaniment will be required (see Judging Criteria below).
3. Contestant must be 16 or older (contestant must register for themselves).
4. Contestant should be a resident of Spartanburg, SC or surrounding areas (within a 35 mile radius of Spartanburg).
5. All genres are welcome and encouraged.
6. If selected as a finalist, Contestant must be able to attend all promotional events/activities, including photo shoots and concert finale, in Spartanburg. If Contestant is unable to attend, they will forfeit and another finalist will be selected.
7. Songs must be an original piece about this year's theme: OVERCOMING ADVERSITY (lyrics or music found to be plagiarized will disqualify Contestant from current and future competitions).
8. Songs must be between 3 and 5 minutes. Only one entry per contestant.
9. No profanity or obscene material.
10. Contestant retains ownership rights to all original songs.
11. Contest registration and submission opens January 1, 2019 at 12:01 am and closes April 30, 2019 at 11:59 pm EST. All registrations and submissions must be completed by that time.
12. Contestant must register online. Registration fee is $25 and is non-refundable.
13. Contestant will submit an audio/video recording along with lyrics of their song via YouTube (instructions will be provided once registration is complete).
14. Once selected, finalists will be notified by email or phone.
15. The Winner of the competition must complete all recording & performance sessions before receiving cash prize.
16. By completing this registration, you agree to comply with the rules of this competition. You give permission for your likeness, video submission, photograph/video, and live performance to be used for promotional purposes.
I AGREE TO THESE RULES